Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Another Look: OPI Merry Midnight

So last week I was surfing nail polish forums and found someone had posted pictures of my long lost love, OPI's Merry Midnight.  This was the first polish I ever sought out after seeing swatches online.  It was released for the 2009 Holiday Wishes Collection and is now discontinued, so if you want it, you have to go dustying for it.  This is where you go to nail salons that sell polish and look for old polishes, covered in dust.  That's where you find the gold, and where Courtney and I both found Merry Midnight.  Courtney and I pretty much thought the same thing here.  THIS IS AWESOME.  I hadn't worn Merry Midnight in almost a year, and it had been almost that long since Courtney has (if you click on her name above that's the active link you'll see her swatches).

Merry Midnight is a deep berry/plum jelly base with flakies and glitter and shimmer (oh my!).  There is gold and blue and red.  Pretty sure there are opalescent color changing flakes.  It's mesmerizing.  I really need to wear this one more often.  I just wish the pictures did this polish justice.

OPI Merry Midnight
OPI Merry Midnight
Close up of Merry Midnight
If you like jellies, flakies, purple, or unique polishes - you need this.  And while Merry Midnight may be hard to find, Orly just released Fowl Play recently and is a pretty good dupe.  You can find it at many a beauty supply and online retailers like Soap.com for $7.50.

3 comments:

  1. i love jellies, flakies, purple, and unique polishes !! lol. i love this. so pretty. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I freakin love this polish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with complicated colors like this one

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!