Friday, February 3, 2012

A-England Week! Avalon

Remember when I showed you Lynnderella's Love Potion No. 99 and didn't tell you what purple I wore it over?  Well A-England's Avalon was it.  Strangely enough, I'm not crazy about this one.  The shimmer in it is pretty special, but this is a very warm-toned purple (even though some of my pictures wouldn't show that).  My skin is pretty cool, so this just wasn't as lovely as it should have been.  I used 2 coats here.  This was actually my first time wearing A-England ever, and I wore it with the base/top coat combo that's been really working for me lately.  I start with Barielle Hydrating Ridge Filler with Silk Fiber, then polish, the Barielle Manicure Extender.  My nails have been a lot happier lately with less peeling!  However this combination would not let Avalon dry.  Not matter how long I wanted (we are talking 2 hours).  It was dry to the touch, but the slightest nudge would dent this manicure.  Hence the glittery top coat!

So the first set is very color inaccurate.  It is NOT this blue.

A-England Avalon
A-England Avalon
A-England Avalon
This picture shows it the most color accurate, but totally kills the depth of this polish.

A-England Avalon
Finally, a happy medium.  This is pretty close to what it looks like in real life.  Not as blue, but oh so shimmery!

A-England Avalon
A-England Avalon
A-England Avalon is part of the first collection A-England produced called the Mythicals and is readily available from Llarowe or A-England's website for around $12.  If you love warm-toned purples, definitely picked this one up.

Oh - and sorry I didn't post this yesterday, I was doing my taxes and totally forgot.  Oh well. At least I made it (almost) through January!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful. I really love this polish. It was the first a-england I bought and I love it sooo much x

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!