Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Mani!

So for Valentine's Day this year I decided to go ULTRA girly.  I broke out the only 2 Nicole by OPI polishes I own, Kim-pletely in Love and Step to the Beat of My ♥.  Whats funny is that I'm definitely not a Kardashian fan and I'm pretty indifferent on the Biebs.  Don't know what I'm talking about?  So Kim-pletely in Love came out in the Kardashian Kollection put out by Nicole by OPI in 2011. Step to the Beat of My ♥ is part of the Justin Bieber for Nicole by OPI "One Less Lonely Girl" Collection.  Pop-cultured out enough yet?

Kim-pletely in Love was a polish I was pretty excited to try.  I read about it on other beauty blogs and thought it might make a nice wedding mani for me.  While I want to have really fun toes, I'm worried I'll grow out of nail polish in 30 years and look back on my pictures and wonder why in the world I wore Mad as a Hatter nail polish to my wedding. :)  So I thought this lovely pink shade would be just what I was looking for.  Kim-pletely in love is a jelly-ish pale pink with blue shimmer.  It's lovely, but after 3 coats I was tired and couldn't stand to add the 4th coat that was really needed.  You couldn't really see the nail line, but you could definitely see what was left of my peelies.  Oh well!  It is a beautiful pink, but I don't think it's special enough for my wedding day...

Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely in Love
Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely in Love
Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely in Love
Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely in Love
So then I added Step to the Beat of My ♥ which is a clear base with large pink and purple holographic hearts and small iridescent glitter.  This polish is a PITA (pain-in-the-youknowwhat),  It is SOOOO hard to get the heart shaped glitter out.  I was literally swirling the glitter around, then swirling the brush into the glitter, then rubbing the hearts on the inside of the neck, then getting all the clear polish off the brush on the other side of the neck, then lightly dipping the brush back in the clear polish, then picking up the heart glitter. And then getting the heart glitter off the brush and onto the nail? FORGET ABOUT IT.  This is WAY to hard.  But it looks cute!

Nicole by OPI Step to the Beat of My ♥   
Nicole by OPI Step to the Beat of My 
If I had to give a recommendation, I would say pick up Kim-pletely in Love but skip Step to the Beat of My ♥.  Nicole for OPI is available at stores like Target and CVS for $7.  Overall, I'm happy with my Valentines Day manicure.  The fiance and I just made sushi at home (SO FUN!!!!!) and are now relaxing over some beer.  I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!!!!!

1 comment:

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!