Monday, February 20, 2012

Rescue Beauty Lounge Scrangie

Time to finally catch up on some of those old manicures I skipped over in my excitement over Saint George and Very Pretty Vampire!  RBL Scrangie is one of those polishes that I HAD to have.  I couldn't even stand to wait for it to come back after making the cut in the Bring it Back vote, so I swapped to bring it home ASAP.  And then it sat in my Helmer for about six months.  I know.  I'm getting better, I promise.

Scrangie, designed by and named after the One and Only, is an amazingly lovely sheer purple with aqua shimmer.  The purple base leans heavily on the red side, but the blue shimmer is dense enough that it gives it an overall grape tone.  Cool-toned girls can definitely pull this off.  It's a little more sheer than you typically find from RBL, but it has to be in order for all that shimmer to show off properly.  It's buildable to opacity, and this is three coats I'm showing you here.  Flawless application, of course.

 (click to enlarge)
 (click to enlarge)

Hrmmm...I don't know what happened here, but I think I may have overhyped this polish to myself.  As lovely as it is, I feel like it just falls flat on me.  It shimmers beautifully, but maybe I was expecting it to be...sparklier?  I don't know.  I wanted to love it.  It looks BEAUTIFUL on other girls, but something about it just wasn't right for me.  I had a huge sad.  Re-homed this one.  :-(

The good news is that while Scrangie was sold out for quite a while on RBL's website, it's now back, and you bring it home for the standard $18.  If you want a similar look without the huge splurge, you can try Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Grape Going.  Definitely not dupes, but for a fraction of the cost you can definitely see if the overall look will work for you.

Well, I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!  I know I'm already looking forward to the next one, lol!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. ooh very pretty!!!! i was just looking at one like this the other day and i resisted buying it lol

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!