Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Butter London Primrose Hill Picnic

I admit that usually I have a long, drawn out reasoning behind just about every polish I put on.  With so many untrieds, I have to find something that makes one polish say "Choose me!" over the others.  After a long and exhausting Thanksgiving weekend, and the unnecessarily long removal of Warm & Fozzie, I just needed something quick and easy, and it really doesn't get any easier than a creme finish.  (I really thought there wasn't much methodology behind this choice, but I guess I was wrong, lol.)  It's definitely not a Holiday-season appropriate color, but Primrose Hill Picnic has been sitting in my untrieds for far long enough, so it was time to bust that baby out!

For all of us Yankees across the pond, my trusty Butter London Dictionary tells me that Primrose Hill is a "famous park in North West London frequented by rock stars, yummy mummies, actors, and paparazzi."  Sounds like a place that celebs like to go to be sure they'll be photographed - much like The Ivy restaurant in Los Angeles.  Don't famewhores just make you all warm and fuzzy inside?  Bleh.

Anywho, on to the polish!  Primrose Hill Picnic is a heavily blue-leaning bright pink creme.  Even bluer than these photos show, but not quite as bright.  Definitely not a neon.  Blogger didn't really like this color at all and tried to mutate it into some weird salmon-y color when I uploaded my photos.  Photobucket saves the day again!  Phew!  The formula was perfect (as expected), and I this is two coats below.

(click to enlarge)
(click to enlarge)

Such a gorgeous pink!  It definitely falls hard on the cool-toned side, but I think it's well suited even on my heavily yellow-toned skin.  I actually think it would look PERFECT with a Butter London Blagger pedi.  I'll have to try that in the spring when I can actually show it off!

So, at $14 a bottle, do you NEED Primrose Hill Picnic?  Probably not, but I can't really think of any dupes for this color either.  I find that most pinks lean heavily on the warm side (which looks AWFUL on me - see OPI Sparrow Me the Drama here), so this is a great option for cool-toned girls.  I'd say definitely keep this one on your lists for springtime - it'd make a great pedi color itself!

So whaddaya think about Primrose Hill Picnic?  Love it?  Hate it?  Own it?  On your Christmas List?  :-)

5 comments:

  1. Oh dude. I love this on you. LOVE. It doesn't help that I am quite partial to cool-toned pinks. *whimper*

    That is so weird about Blogger and Photobucket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi its my first time here and let me say I absolutely love your nails. They are amazing. I love how thick and healthy it looks. Do you mind me asking how to get perfect looking nails like yours? Do you wear acrylic nails?

    Thx:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I totally want this! Totally will rock it with Blagger. Great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Missy - Yay! It really is an awesome pink!

    @Rach - DOOD, it's an awesome pink CREME! You needz it! And I have no idea what Blogger's problem is sometimes. It did the same thing with BL Jaffa. It's got it in for my BLs...

    @Kohl - Thank you so much! My nails are natural, but they are actually far from perfect - wearing polish every day helps keep them strong. Otherwise, they'd be breaking left and right! I plan on doing a post sometime soon about my nail care regimen, but until then you can find a TON of great tips at www.loodieloodieloodie.blogspot.com. She's the queen of nail care!

    @Jessie - *enables you* You need it! I think it'd look awesome in color-block style with Blagger too, but I've just determined that scotch tape manis and me just don't work well together. *le sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!