Friday, August 19, 2011

Something Borrowed: OPI Conquistadorable Color

I have something special for you guys today!  A few days ago the lovely Rach from stuff i (s)watched posted her review of OPI Conquistadorable Color.  I commented that while I loved the España collection from a few years back, I'd never tried that color before.  Rach, being the amazingly awesome girl she is, offered to send it to me for me to try, along with another polish of hers of my choosing, and a fun mystery freebie!  I offered her a choice of two of my polishes for her to try (and of course threw in a third for funsies).  Behold!  A swatch swap was born!  :-)  I take a million and a half years to go through my untrieds, so in an effort to not keep her polishes from here to eternity, I'll show you all three over the next three posts.  First up - the color that started it all...

OPI Conquistadorable Color is a medium-toned berry red creme, but more berry than red.  It's super pigmented and applied like a dream in two coats.  I almost could've gotten away with one coat, but we all know my application skills = two coats.  LoL  It's suuuuuuuper shiny!  Like, I should've taken a photo before top coat (D'oh!!), 'cause this stuff is probably the shiniest polish I've ever put on.  *puts on sunglasses*  As usual, I can't take color accurate photos to save my life (*headdesk*).  Imagine this one to be a little more purple and even more saturated in color.

(click to enlarge)
 (click to enlarge)

Gorgeous color!  Not something I would've picked out for myself, but it's beautiful!  (And I'm not just saying that because Rach is probably reading this, lol)  The Hubby really liked it, and I got compliments on it within the first day of wearing it.  I'm not sure if I love it enough to buy my own bottle, but I do highly recommend it if you don't have it in your collection already.  This ain't yo mama's ole red, and the formula and color are worth it!

What I love most about what Rach and I are doing here is pushing ourselves out of our normal comfort zone.  I love a good creme, but I tend to gravitate toward complex shimmers and sparkly things (Sparklessssssss....).  Rach on the other hand loves cremes and proudly mislabels her collection as "vanilla" (it's anything BUT!).  She's got some fab colors, and choosing from her spreadsheet was being in a candy store!  I chose two cremes from her, and she threw in a shimmer (and long-time lemming) for me.  Likewise, she chose two shimmers from me, and I threw in one of my favorite cremes for her to try.  I'm having a ton of fun with this already!  I can't wait to try the next two and see how Rach likes hers!  :-)

7 comments:

  1. thats a lovely colour. one of the few OPI that i wouldnt mind spending €12 on. would be a great colour to have in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My god. That is freaking fabulous with your skintone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love super shiny polishes. very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, your nails are fabulous, but this color rocks against your skin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Musical.x - Thanks! It's definitely a good basic color to have in your stash!

    @Noelie - *blush* Thank you! I loved it even more than I expected to!

    @Missy - I think you and I are like two moths drawn to shiny and sparky things! LOL Shinyyyyyyy.... ;-)

    @NY*NAIL*DIVA - Aw, thank you! I'm glad I got the chance to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See? I told you it would look amazing on you!!! Holy crap, it looks so good on your skin tone. :D Glad you liked it -- I'm going to put on the first of your three tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!