Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Illamasqua Rampage

So, remember how Illamasqua Baptiste and I were completely in love?  Well, after our honeymoon, I ran out to Sephora to pick up another one of my Illamasqua lemmings - Rampage.  It's known as "The Jesus" on MUA, so I of course only had the highest of expectations for it.  Let's just go straight to the pictures (I took a few in different lightings, because Rampage is apparently quite the chameleon).

Under my Ott-Lite:


Outside, on a cloudy day:


Rampage is a blackened, forest green jelly.  Somehow the jelly finish brightens it, so even though it's a deep green, it's still vibrant.  It walks the "almost black" line, but never crosses it.  It's definitely the green that OPI's Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow wanted to be.

I don't know, you guys - I think someone needs to take my temperature.  This just isn't doing it for me.  I mean don't get me wrong, the application was flawless in two coats (and I completely expected to need three) and it's a lovely color, but I just feel kind of meh about it.  I don't hate it, but it just doesn't blow me away.  And for $14 a pop, it better!

I did a quick comparison of Rampage (3 coats) with OPI Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow (3 coats) and Orly Enchanted Forest (2 coats).

(L) to (R):  OPI HTAT, Illamasqua Rampage, Orly Enchanted Forest

You'll have to take my word for it that my lighting is washing out these colors.  HTAT is not this green.  For all intensive purposes, unless you're in FULL, DIRECT sunlight, it's black.  That's what was so disappointing about it.   And I'm shocked at how pale Enchanted Forest looks compared to these two colors!  It almost looks grey!  Trust me, it's much more saturated than it shows in this picture.  I'm gonna have to do a post on it just to do it proper justice.  LoL

Bottom line:  I'm not all that impressed with Rampage, but if you love greens, I think it'll be a keeper for you.  Maybe a good St. Patty's day manicure??  :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!