Friday, March 25, 2011

China Glaze White Cap

Ok, so you didn't have to wait very long for China Glaze White Cap after all.  I just couldn't resist that gorgeous gold shimmer anymore!  This is the third polish I picked up from China Glaze's Anchors Away collection from this spring.  I seriously had it in my hands at least three different times.  Pick it up...put it back...you know the drill.  Finally, I saw a photo of it layered over Essie Marshmallow (the combination I should have chosen for my last post.  Sigh.) from a girl on MUA - I was sold.  Picked it up  the next day!

White Cap is, as you can tell from the bottle, a milky white polish with gorgeous golden shimmer.  On its own, it's really sheer.  It's not buildable at all - way too sheer to wear on its own (for me).  If you like sheer polishes, then certainly give it a try by itself.  No one needs to see the horror that lies underneath my polish, so here I have it layered over China Glaze Sea Spray, from the same collection.  This is one layer, and it was super easy to apply.

(click to enlarge)

I absolutely LOVED this combo!  It's stunning!  It's so sparkly and delicate and beautiful.  For some reason it reminded me of Cinderella's ball gown (silly, I know).  I wore this for five days, and I couldn't stop staring at my nails!

I've also seen White Cap look amazing over white, black, taupe, green, and especially grey (try it over Pelican Grey from the same collection!).  The combinations are obviously endless, but those are just a few to get you started.  The Anchors Away collection was released a few months ago, but you can still find it at Ulta and at www.transdesign.com.  Unfortunately, Sally's did not pick up this collection (*shakes fist*).

Any other layering suggestions??  I can't wait to try this over other colors!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. This is SO gorgeous !!! I'm gonna have to try it out.. you had me at Cinderella :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ali! Definitely give this one a try! It's so versatile, and just really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is really beautiful! i think this is my fav too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I never thought that I will like light blue base with golden shimmer but apparently I do, I love it

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!