Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Zoya Veruschka

Veruschka...what a sexy name for a sexy polish!  This was released as part of the Matte Velvet collection last winter, but I just scooped it up in a recent swap.  I've been dying to get my hands on this deep emerald green beauty (or get it on my hands?) for a while now, and it really did not disappoint!

It dries completely matte, and it's super pigmented.  An even application could probably get away with one coat, but as you can tell by that ring finger, I don't have even application.  :-)  Two coats it is for me! Mattes are kind of hard for me to work with, since they're usually a little thick and they dry so darn quick.  Like, ridiculously quick.  The fewer brush strokes, the better with this stuff.  But look how chic it is!

 (click to enlarge)


But the absolute best part is that this is like two polishes in one!  Look how gorgeous it is with a top coat!  Hubby prefers the matte look, but since mattes also tend to chip pretty quickly (and I'm wanting this to last until Friday), I'm opting for the glossy look.  I love this!  It looks so plush - like real velvet.  It's got such dimension and such versatility, and that's what makes Veruschka so awesome.

 (click to enlarge)


If you have OPI Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow Suede, you probably can do without Veruschka.  They're very close, but from comparisons I've seen, Veruschka has just a smidge more depth to it than HTAT Suede.  And it's $1.50 cheaper and easier to find.  That's a win in my book!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!