Saturday, January 29, 2011

OPI Black Cherry Chutney

The unthinkable happened today.  My super weak nails  decided to revolt against me.  I got a small break on the corner of my pinky nail on my left hand, a huge crack in the nail on my left middle finger and then, just to put the cherry on top, I got a huge break on my right pointer nail.  It hasn't been a good week for me in general, so the last thing I wanted to do was file down my long nails to nubbins.  Luckily, I didn't have to file down as short as I was thinking I was going to have to go.  To "celebrate" my shorter length, I decided to bust out a good vampy color - the kind that always looks great on short nails.  Enter OPI Black Cherry Chutney.

(click to enlarge)

By the way, I SWEAR I'm not this pale in real life.  I think the combination of my Ott-Lite and the dark polish sent me to Paleville.  I only recently got this (I know, right?!), after seeing how wildly popular it is on MUA.  It's kind of the Queen Bee of vampies, and I can see why.  It's a blackened plum with fine reddish shimmer.  It's dark, but definitely not black.  I'll have to see how it looks under the fluorescent lighting at work to get a better feel for it.  I'm sure application would've been great, if it weren't for the fact that I wound up with a wonky brush.  I had to surgically remove two bristles from it that were saluting me, and then the bottom of it was still pretty frayed out.  *Sigh*

But overall, it's a great color - chic, and I liked it more than I thought I was going to.  It's also super easy to find, as it's part of the core collection.  So, if you're like me, and have almost no vampies, this is a great place to start!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!