Thursday, May 26, 2011

Zoya Gemma

Work has been a total beast for me this week.  Ya know when you just have one of those days where nothing goes right and you can't get anything done?  Yeah, I had three of those in a row this week.  Not cool, life!  Not cool...

So, being late to the party as usual, finally got around to trying out Zoya Gemma.  It was released with the Intimate collection in January of this year, but I waffled on getting it for about three months after that.  I really need to stop doing that.  It's how I end up with the dreaded reverse buyer's remorse.  But anywho, I finally brought home Gemma in a swap, and here she is!

Gemma is a medium-toned, almost army green polish with subtle blue and pink shimmer.  I'm SO glad I was able to capture the shimmer for you in my photos!  It's not a super noticeable shimmer, but it's not one of those "secret shimmers" like Essie Sew Psyched where the pretty shimmer in the bottle disappears on the nail.  Most of the time it looks like a creme, but when the light hits it, you can see this pretty blue flash (unfortunately the pink shimmer just goes MIA on the nail).  Application was pretty smooth - no real complaints.  I used two medium coats, but I probably could've used a third, as I had a few patches I noticed after I finished.  Click to enlarge these photos to get a better look at the shimmer!

(click to enlarge)
 (click to enlarge)

That blue flash is so pretty!  It certainly sets it apart from other muted greens.  I've got nothing like it in my collection.  Hubby liked this one, and I did too, but I wasn't really wowed by it.  I'm gonna blame it on my really crappy work week, because it looks killer in these photos (if I do say so myself)!  :-P

I LOVE that with Zoya you don't have to worry about if a polish is limited edition.  Every polish collection becomes part of Zoya's huge core collection, so Gemma and her friends Caitlin, Dove, Marley, Jules, and Dannii aren't going anywhere anytime soon.  As always, you can buy Zoya polishes at www.zoya.com.

Are you guys as ready for the weekend as I am?!  I think I'm gonna have one (or two or three...) stiff drinks with my name on it after this week!  :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!