Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Orly Galaxy Girl

Hi guys!  A thousand apologies for taking so long to get this post to you!  Our modem died and left us without internet over the entire weekend into Monday.  It was awful - like someone cut off my right arm.  We finally got functionality back yesterday afternoon, but then of course it was the dreaded grocery day.  We all know how much I love grocery day.  Ugh!  Don't ever leave me again, interwebz!!  *Hyperventilates*  Anyway, on to the polish!  

Today I have for you another gem from my Orly Cosmic FX collection and its dupes, Galaxy Girl (I love that name!).  I had never planned on buying this one, as I wasn't that impressed with it from the swatches I'd seen, but when hubby saw it in the store he said it looked "badass," and therefore I had to buy it.  Well, you don't have to twist my arm!  ;-)

It's an odd bird in the flock, that's for sure.  It's a murky reddish plum base with super duochrome microglitter that flashes between aqua blue and fuschia.  After my last two one-coat wonders, I had completely forgotten that pretty much every polish from the Cosmic FX requires three coats.  Oops!  But trust me, this one applies super easily, and dries surprisingly quick, even as a three-coater.   And the best part?  It's JUST as duochromey on the nail as in the bottle!  Woo-hoo!!  Definitely click to enlarge these photos to check it out up close!




OooOoooh...Ahhhhh....

I have to be honest.  I thought this polish was going to be a total bust!  With that murky red-purple base, I thought it was going to look like a sparkly bruise.  Yuck!  But I stand corrected.  I loooove this!  It's just as badass as the hubby thought it would be!  I should listen to him more often.  :-)

The funny thing about duochromes is that you'd think they'd show off best in full sunlight, because they're so sparkly, but they actually love indirect lighting best.  So here are a few shots in natural, more dim lighting.  It really shows off the fuschia flash, but you can still see that sparkly blue!

(click to enlarge)

These photos don't even do it justice.  You've just got to see this one for yourself!  Thankfully it's still available on www.transdesign.com and www.amazon.com, even if at the full $10 price.  If you're into duochromes, definitely pick this one up while you still can.  If you don't own any duochromes, this is a great one to start off with.  Galaxy Girl definitely gets my seal of approval!  :-)    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!