Thursday, May 19, 2011

Butter London MacBeth

You guys.  I realized the other day that I've been seriously neglecting an ENTIRE color - pink.  In fact, I've only ever shown one pink polish on here, that being China Glaze Ahoy!, and that was all the way back in February!  The funny thing is that it's not that I don't like pink.  I LOVE pink!  I just tend to wear all my pinks on my toes.  I guess it just makes me feel girly and summery (even when it's not so summery).  Well, no more!  I henceforth pledge to bring you more pink!!  I'd sign up to participate in Chloe's Nails' Pink Wednesdays, but to be honest I just don't own that many pinks.  So for today, I grabbed the first pink that's been nagging me to be tried - Butter London MacBeth.

As it turns out I did a really crappy job of picking a pink polish.  MacBeth is really more of a pink-leaning coral.  *womp womp*  Can we pretend this is more pink? In reality, it really is.  The photo is picking up way more orange/red tones than are present in real life.  It floats between pink and coral.  The formula on this one is fantastic, as usual.  The interesting thing is that this is definitely a creme, but the finish is almost jelly-looking, as I still had VNL (visible nail line) after two coats.  It's not really sheer, but it's clearly not really opaque, but definitely not a jelly.  Maybe if a creme and a jelly had a baby?  Yeah, that's it.

(click to enlarge)
 (click to enlarge)

First of all, I love the name!  MacBeth is hands-down my favorite Shakespeare play, and I'm not gonna lie - the name was probably at least half the reason I was interested in this polish in the first place.  Second, I LOVE the color!!  It's bright, but not in-your-face, and perfect for summer!  I got a ton of compliments on MacBeth, and even hubby loved it!  I loved this polish so much, I also made it my pedi color!  That's saying a lot - I can't even remember the last time I did a matching mani/pedi.  

S-M-I-T-T-E-N!!  ♥♥♥

Best news?  I know for a FACT that this sucker is in Butter London's core line!  Woo-hoo!  Next time you're in Ulta, peruse the Butter London display and give MacBeth a try!  It's the most perfect pinky-coral-summery-awesome color!  :-D

(And I promise I'll have a REAL pink for you soon!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!