Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Under the Stars

Sorry for my lack of posts this week folks.  Between the holiday weekend and some other stuff going on, my nail polish time has dwindled.  Over the next few weeks I will likely only post once or twice a week because I'm moving! So between packing and boxes and cleaning, my nails are going to really take a beating.  Hence they have already been filed down.  I'm thinking about using this time to do a Shellac review, as I just picked up a Living Social coupon for one.  For now I bring you my belated (and kind of sad) 4th of July mani.

First off, let me say that this mani got completely ruined by the fact that my Rescue Beauty Lounge (RBL) topcoat gave me bubbles!!!!  Ughh I'm so mad.  This is the first time I have ever had an issue with RBL products.  But I had SO much time to do this weekend I didn't have time to fix it.  I guess it's too thick, so hopefully that'll stop after I thin it out.  So you can see a ton of bubbles in these pictures, so please ignore.  My pinky and ring fingers looks the best.  My experience with RBL polishes and the treatment system is that they are all fantastic.  Great formulas, pigmented colors, great brush. I usually never have to do clean-up with my RBL mani's because the polish practically flows correctly on it's own.

RBL's Under the Stars is a blackened blue base with beautiful bright blue glitter in it.  The glitter is sparse and small, but given other people's swatches, I may have not rolled the bottle enough before application (a la Courtney's Royal Navy technique), so I think my swatches may not be true to the amount of glitter.  I think they are pretty true to color though.  The lighter blue tones you see are what's reflect in direct sunlight, with the darker tones being what you see in all other lighting.  It definitely doesn't look black in real life, but it's DARK.  I love this polish in the bottle more than on the nail, but I'm not ready to part with it.  So look for (better) more swatch of this puppy down the road!

Rescue Beauty Lounge Under the Stars
(click to enlarge)
Rescue Beauty Lounge Under the Stars
(click to enlarge)
Under the Stars is still available on Rescue Beauty's website, which is the only place you can buy it at $18 a pop.  The formula is totally worth the cost (I know, I know the bubbles! but that's NOT the norm I swear).  Under the Stars is technically Limited Edition, so snatch it up before it's out of stock forever.

2 comments:

  1. very pretty! it reminds me of blue moon by wet n' wild. maybe a comparison is in order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have Blue Moon, but if I can find it I'll pick it up and do a comparison (this time without bubbles!!!!!). Thanks for the suggestion!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!