Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Square Pants

It's always fun when you love a polish that you knew you were going to love.  It's even more fun when you love a polish you thought you'd probably hate!  :-)

A few months ago - after reeeeally getting into my nail polish hobby - I discovered that Rescue Beauty Lounge released a Spongebob themed collection back in Spring 2008.  The three polishes released with the collection were Bikini Bottom (a pale blue), Square Pants (a pale yellow), and Starfish-Patrick (a pale coral).  1)  I LOVE that creator Ji Baek can find inspiration in the most unlikely places!  2)  A SPONGEBOB collection?!  Count me IN!!  I knew I had to have Bikini Bottom, but I just wasn't sold on a yellow or coral polish.  The completionist (and Spongebob fan) in me couldn't bare to leave the other two behind, so I had my friend Jessie pick up Square Pants and Starfish-Patrick for me when she visited the RBL salon in New York City. 

As much as I've been dying to try out Bikini Bottom, I NEVER wear yellow nail polish, and I kind of had the hankering to wear something unusual for the weekend.  Square Pants it was!  It's not your typical obnoxious yellow.  Instead, it's a soft,  buttery sunshine yellow.  However, it's not the color, but the consistency that makes this stand out for me.  What you see below is four coats, but you can see how sheer it is, as I still have pretty noticeable VNL (visible nail line).  It has a milkiness to it that gives it kind of a squishy appearance.  I've heard horror stories of how awful some yellow polishes can be to work with (I'm looking at you, Chanel Mimosa!), but this formula was a dream to work with - hardly any streaks and it actually dried quicker than I expected!

(click to enlarge)
 (click to enlarge)

I looooooooooooove this!  Adore it!  Typically sheer polishes (and yellow polishes for that matter) aren't my cup of tea, but there's something about the sheerness of this one that makes me love it more.  Everything about Square Pants is unique - from its color to its texture.  Even at its $18 price tag, this a MUST-HAVE polish in my book!

I know what you're thinking, because I thought it too.  But you CAN wear yellow nail polish!  I promise!  Yellow is super hot this summer in nail polish trends, so they're popping up everywhere.  Save your money on Chanel Mimosa and try Square Pants instead.  RBL polishes are worth every penny, and you never know when they might be sold out for good (aside from the occasional Bring It Back vote - which is how I landed Bikini Bottom in the first place).  Currently Bikini Bottom and Square Pants are both in stock, so RUN to www.rescuebeauty.com and pick them up while you still can!

I'll *definitely* be showing you guys Bikini Bottom and Starfish-Patrick later on, and I'm super excited for them after my love affair with Square Pants!  Woo-hoo!  :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!