Tuesday, June 21, 2011

OPI Ate Berries in the Canaries

I promised you guys more pink, so more pink you shall have!  :-)

For my weekend manicure, I decided to dive into my stash for an old favorite - OPI Ate Berries in the Canaries.  Not many pinks jive well with my skin tone, but this is one of the few that does.  Yay!

Ate Berries is a (surprise!) berry pink creme.  It's kind of hard to describe, because while it's certainly pink, it also falls heavy to the purple side.  It's almost a raspberry color.  But not really real raspberries.  More like artificially flavored raspberry candy.  It applies like a dream in two easy coats.  I have to be honest here.  These photos aren't even remotely color accurate.  I tried to take as many as I could in different lighting, but I just couldn't get the "berry" color to come out.  I tried adjusting the color in my photos, but failed miserably.  Sorry, guys!!  Imagine the color to be a deeper, more saturated, but vibrant raspberry pink.

(click to enlarge)
 (click to enlarge)
(click to enlarge)
(click to enlarge)

This is seriously one my favorite pinks ever!  It's so saturated and gorgeous!  Makes a great pedi color too!  :-)  Ate Berries in the Canaries was released with OPI's Spain collection of Fall 2009.  Seems kind of out of place in a fall collection, no?  Either way, it's an amazing color, and thankfully made the cut to the permanent collection.  It's been rumored to be dupe-y to Deborah Lippmann's Between the Sheets.  I don't have that one to compare, but Jessie does and she tells me they're close, but not complete dupes.  They're probably different enough to own both, but if you want to save some money, you can pick up the OPI for almost half the price.  (But those Lippmann bottles are so prettyyyyyy!)

I thought I'd spice up my plain ol' creme with some glittah!  I threw on two coats of OPI Mad as a Hatter over Ate Berries on my thumb for a "Blackberry manicure."  Ate Berries works perfectly with the multi-colored glitter in Mad as a Hatter.  A match made in heaven!  Click to enlarge to see all the awesomeness that is Mad as a Hatter!  :-)


...And then after I took my photos I managed to screw up both thumbs so horribly that I had to take off the glitter and just throw on another two coats of Ate Berries.  Sigh.  I hate wasting any awesome glitter, but I especially hate wasting and awesomely hard-to-find glitter.  Argh!  Can't win 'em all, right?  ;-)

5 comments:

  1. this is one of my favorite colors :) i have it on my toes now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yay!! :-D I'm pretty sure this is going on my toes next!

    And you must know exactly what I mean about the color accuracy of these photos...*facepalm* LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to do a comparison of Ate Berries and Between the Sheets for ya! :) Next time I do some swatching I'll break these out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this and I love this hue. Its my new early spring shade!! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!