Thursday, November 3, 2011

Zoya Cheryl

Holy cow, you guys!  Halloween was Monday, and I woke up the next day and realized that Christmas was just around the corner!  Christmas is the source of a lot of stress for me every year, mostly because I never have enough money to buy everyone the things I want to buy them, so I end up settling for something stupid and then getting frustrated about it.  Repeat ad nauseum until all friends and family's gifts are purchased.  See what I mean?  Long story short, I'm trying to hang on to every last bit of fall that I can, so I kicked off November with one of the most "fall" polishes I own - Zoya Cheryl.

Cheryl is a deep brown with reddish, rusty, coppery shimmer.  It's kind of a mix between a shimmer and a foil, but I'd say it lands more on the side of shimmer.  It's blackened on the edges and has that glowy, "lit-from-within" look.  My application on this one was almost downright terrible.  I apologize if it looks kind of chunky in these photos.  I can't blame the formula too much, because I've worn this several times, so it may just be that natural evaporation effect going on.  Either way, I had to add a few drops of thinner to get a second coat on without too much of a headache.  It's nicely pigmented, and this is only two coats shown below.

 (click to enlarge)
 (click to enlarge)

This polish just screams "fall!"  It's warm and cozy and makes me want to snuggle by a fire with a cup of hot chocolate.  Cheryl was released with last fall's Wicked collection (the same one with Edyta), and I think it's one of the most underrated polishes of the collection.  I think it gets the "brown polish" reputation, but it's so much more beautiful than that.  Though, I suppose I'm biased, 'cause I love a good brown polish.

I'd highly recommend Cheryl, if you don't already own this one.  Now's the perfect time, with Thanksgiving just a few weeks away AND with a Zoya Buy Two, Get Two Free promotion through this Saturday! (OMG I just actually told you guys about a CURRENT promotion!  I'm improving!  Yay!)

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!  I'll be supporting the hubby's favorite college football team, the Alabama Crimson Tide, for the big game against LSU on Saturday.  I'm such a good wife!  LOL Roll Tide!  :-P

2 comments:

  1. ooh very pretty - very autumn.

    i did a similar denial phase with my polish because i didn't want summer to end. lol.

    also, i agree...christmas is so STRESSFUL!!!!! AHHHHH. I started panicking about it last month I think. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!