Friday, April 15, 2011

Zoya Edyta

Zoya is just one of my favorite nail polish companies.  They come up with some really great collections, and their color range is unmatched.  The Wicked collection from this past fall was no exception.  Counterpart to the Wonderful (creme) collection), Wicked is the sparkly half with all of its polishes named after the ladies from Dancing with the Stars - Cheryl, Kym, Edyta, Julieanne, Carrie Ann, and Karina.  I nabbed up Cheryl and Edyta as soon as I could get my hands on them, and today I have for you the lovely Edyta!

Edyta is a mossy green beauty!  There's a ton of gold to the bottle color, but on the nail it seems more silverish.  Hubby called it a "gunmetal" green, and I think he pretty much nailed it.  The finish is somewhere between a glass-fleck and a foil.  It's chic and sexy indoors and then it's a sparklefest in the sun!  Application is perfection, as usual for a Zoya with this kind of finish.  This is two coats.

(click to enlarge)

How sexy is this?!  I feel like I should've photographed it in low lighting with a big statement ring and a glass of fine wine, because this polish just has a sort of sophistication to it.  It's interesting enough for a night out, but it's also understated enough to wear to work (I've been wearing it at my office all week).  It's absolutely stunning.  I've worn it like four times since I got it, and believe me I don't cycle through my polishes very quickly!

Edyta has been said to be a near dupe to Nubar Verde, but I don't own that one to compare.  From what I can see in other comparisons, Edyta is sparklier, while Verde is just a smidge more green.  The price tag for each is pretty similar - $8 for Edyta and $7.49 for Verde.  If you ask me, sparkles always win, so I'd go with Edyta, but if you've already got Verde, you certainly don't need both.

*Pours a glass of pinot noir*  Happy Friday!  :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite! No spam or links to other websites in the comments. Thanks!!!